Thursday, February 16, 2006

Playing with Dear Jane CD

My Dear Jane CD has lots of goodies on it, and is based on EQ5, so I was playing around with my wallhanging design to figure out the size I wanted for the scallops, I've settled on this... Right now I'm sewing the 2 inch blue borders on...tomorrow I might start on the scallops, or maybe not...

DH's mom is coming down for the weekend and we have a christening to attend on Sunday, so I might not get a chance... Scallops are new to me so will take some attention...might grab some quick quilting time this weekend and work on my swap blocks instead. Can you tell I'm intimidated by these scallops?? But I love the look for this quilt, so will persevere!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

looks good Cathi...and what a sweet daughter you have learning the computer! I am sure you will figure those scallops out!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

You'll do fine Cathi. Just remember to cut your binding on the bias and those scollops will be odne in no time!

3:58 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

looks awesome Cathi! And I'm glad Connor likes his quilt!
Hugs
Laurie

1:41 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

The scallops look nice. Sure makes a quilt look more "dressed up" (in my opinion).

Judy L.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Debby Brown said...

The Dear Jane looks great in that setting!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Don't you just love EQ5. I worked up a pattern for my son's birthday quilt when he informed me he didn't want a rag quilt from his jeans. Of course I already had most the squares cut out but thanks to EQ I like what I ended up with.

Can't wait to see the scallops.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

I love EQ5 too--but danged if I can get it to do scallops. I can get them in a block and I ignore the outside of the scallop. Is that in the DJ CD--please share how you got it to scallop! :) I do know that Sandra is right in that you sew the whole strip of fabric border on, trace the scallop, use THAT line to apply your binding and THEN cut it. And Patti reminded you to use bias binding. I think you'll find it very easy! Good luck!

3:47 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

looks like a good plan! Good luck with selling the house!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home