Sunday, May 14, 2006

Just Another Manic Sunday!

For some reason I keep using song titles lately... well I guess the song is Manic Monday...can you tell I was a teen in the 80s??

I did nothing all week quilting related except maybe one or two seams on my DJ quilt...but went a little crazy today! I finished sewing Row H of my Dear Jane together and got it sewn onto the quilt. Have Row I sashing prepped for sewing...

Then, I finished one complete baby quilt top with scrappy border and got the middle of one other done. Kitty is helping to model them...very simple quilt, but nice...have to figure out what to put in the white spaces...charm tacks probably, but haven't totally figured out yet...

I think I've finally decided to stop doing baby quilts for all my friends...some just don't appreciate them. And since my time for quilting is limited with 2 young kids, I'm tired of giving away most of my work!! I need to make a list of projects I want to do for myself this year and work on those. A few more gifts here and there to finish, but I think I'll be a slightly selfish quilter for a while!

Thanks for all the lovely comments about the house! I'm so excited about it...lovely house and gardens! Will be planning lots of little quilts for it!

If you are interested in seeing any more photos of the house, I've put them on my website for my family and friends to see a few more... Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Blogger Silverthimble said...

Your Dear Jane looks fabulous!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

I love to see the progress of your DJ :-) The baby quilts are sweet, but if they are not received with the appropriate gratitude I think you will be more happy working on your own projects ! I have looked at your house photos and I love the way your new house look. You will have many good moments decorating it :-)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Love the pink house. Good for you - be selfish. Make quilts to fill up that lovely new home.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Your DJ is gorgeous, you're doing a great job! I went to your house pictures and love it...especially the utility room. What a great space! Will you have a sewing room?

2:18 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

it's smart to do your quilting for those that appreciate it and especially to do more quilting for yourself!

3:38 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Don't feel bad if you are stingier... If they are not appreciated, why bother... You/They can buy something to keep the baby warm...

4:26 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Your DJ is coming along so beautifully! Yes, if they don't appreciate your quilts, buy a baby outfit instead and make some great quilts for your family.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow, I am impressed that you have gotten so much done on your DJ. I hope you are going to put a GREAT label on the back of that quilt!

Making quilts for others - I have mixed feelings... I like to give something home-made, but I agree - non-sewers have no idea of how much work goes into a project. And, with you having 2 kids and time being a premium - nothing wrong with keeping your sewing projects all for yourself!

Cheers!

Evelyn

5:18 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Your DJ quilt is progressing quite nicely--how you can get any stitching done with the move coming up and the two little ones is amazing!

Be a little selfish, Cathi, and get the quilt done!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

You're making a lot of progress on your DJ quilt. Good idea to sash and put the rows together as you go rather than waiting for all the blocks to be done and having to do them all at the same time.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the progress all around looks great. Lovely baby quilts!

I completely understand the quilts for friends issue. At one point, when it became known I made quilts, Ifoundmyself invited tobaby showers for people I barely knew, and I am still convinced it was just to get a quilt gift. Ilove to make them for people I care about, or even charity, but not grubby acquaintances!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home