Sunday, April 02, 2006

May become a basketcase, again...

BC- before children, I used to take a few willow basketry workshops... I even made this moses basket that my two girls slept in! I was just thinking about wanting to try another class when I came across a brochure at our public library for the ladies that taught me a few years back...it was a sign, definitely! I think I'll take another class in May... I really enjoyed it and made several baskets, culminating in this huge project of the moses basket. It would be nice to do again, no one can ever have enough baskets right?

This is my DH Dave and our oldest DD, Aine (onya), she is 3 now...time flies!! Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

The basket is beautiful! Such a precious picture of the baby and your DH!

Can't wait to see your next basket!

2:49 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Cathi, that is a gorgeous basket! What an interesting craft willow basketry would be! Let us know if you sign up.
Jeanne

4:19 PM  
Blogger dot said...

What a neat talent to have. It is a beautiful basket and to know that it was made by Mommy even makes it more precious.

4:31 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I want one of those baskets...
Very nice... (no new hobbies, no new hobbies - I have to keep repeating that!)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Shellie said...

That's an amazing basket and an adorable picture of Aine and your dh.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I thought you were trying to tell us you were expecting another bundle of joy and had gotten your beautiful basket out in preparation of the event!

12:42 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Cathi,
WOW...that basket is amazing! What a special talent you have!
Hugs
Laurie

2:54 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

what a talent you have to make such a wonderful basket-and what a wonderful photo.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

You are such a talented girl, Cathi! Wonderful shot of your DH and baby. I did wonder who to pronounce your children's names, as well.

I did some egg baskets with reeds in adult ed classes some years back--its fun!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing to be able to make such a lovely basket! what other talents have you got in your repertoire??

8:20 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That is a wonderful basket!!! You really have a talent in basket weaving - all my baskets came out lopsided. Maybe a basket class would be very relaxing for you - you certainly could use a relaxing activity if it fits in your schedule!

Cheers!

Evelyn

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home