Saturday, April 08, 2006

Three Rows done...10 more to go!!

I am working as much as I can this month on my Dear Jane, even if it is sometimes just sashing just one block a night... Other days I get more time and I get more done, like yesterday...finished sewing Row C together and attached it to first two rows...it definitely helps me to match seams, doing this by hand. I am a demon for not pinning my machine pieced tops and just getting on with it, lopped off points, mismatched seams and all. I am learning slowly to be more patient...hand sewing is teaching me some of that patience!!

On the housing front, we got an offer after a viewing on Wednesday. They are coming back to look at it this afternoon, so gotta start cleaning soon. The offer was low, but if they meet us halfway, we'd be happy!!

Hope to work a bit later on the pieced backing to my flannel top, then I will sandwich that quilt and have 3 quilts ready for machine quilting the rest of this month. Going to have to get moving with those! Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Hanne said...

Keep up the good work on your DJ :-) and good luck on the house sale !

12:06 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Cathi, it looks terrific so far! At least with hand piecing you can pick it up at the few odd moments the children allow.

Fingers crossed that your buyer can come up from the lowball number. Need to get your little family back together in one spot!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

I have surfed your blog, and have found the setting planned for your DJ quilt. How nice - mine is with white triangles as well - see March 18. :-) I am contemplating new DJ projects. Not full quilts, but more DJ blocks, for sure !

3:21 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

hurray for progress-hard to accomplish with a family and keeping a home ready for viewing-my hopes too that the buyers come up with a more reasonable offer.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Cathi, you now how much I admire your Dear Jane...it just keeps getting more and more beautiful as you add each piece, each stitch. A treasure to treasure!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Hi Cathi
I have been lurking and reading your blog for awhile now and love your Dear Jane. I thought I should let you know your Frugal Jane quilt pictures and link to the Dear Jane website has caused me to start my own Dear Jane. I ordered the CD and book from the website and I now have 6 blocks completed. I am sewing them together by hand also - It seemed to be a bit simpler that way. Boy are those pieces tiny. It seems to become a bit of an obsession!
Thanks Pam in Canada

4:57 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Your Jane is looking great! I'm sure you feel it's slow progress, but it's great that it's a project that you can do when you get a few minutes to stitch. Good luck on the offer - will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cathi

Just wanted to say Ilove your DJ
I'm planing on starting one in a few months. I need to finish up some other quilts first.
New blogger Lizzy

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home