Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sorry I've been gone so long!

I've gotten some lovely comments from folks wondering how I am, and how my cousin is. Quilters are good folk!

We had an Irish heat wave, which means we broke into the 80s...that is tropical here! So most of the last few weeks have been spent outside with kids and their friends!

Look at my DJ...one more row to go...it is too big to take a photo of it on the floor without moving furniture! I'm so excited to see it taking shape!

Another crafty friend surprised me with quilting fabric from the States today! She loves to yard sale in the summer and is keeping an eye out for me for quilting fabric...they are great, and the pinks and greens are perfect to go into my cousin's scrappy quilt!

Teddy quilt is quilted with binding sewn on...will get the quilt done over the next while.

We have gotten the other house in Ballina, Co. Tipperary...will be a great location and a big house. You can take a sneak peek here if you want to see it! Will need a bit of updating, but it is such a big house for us! It is still just going to paperwork now, where everything fell apart last time, so keep your fingers crossed.

My cousin is much the same, but opened her eyes for a brief moment last week...haven't heard any more, but a good reason to hope.

Days here are full of dressing up, trampolining, refereeing fights between a 2 and 3 year old...the normal stuff...but am looking forward to getting settled again!


 Posted by Picasa

15 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

glad to hear your update-Cathie! lovely house, hope it turns out to be yours. great gardens. and the dj almost done! way to go!!!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So good to hear from you again - I've dropped in each day and not seeing a post feared the worst, thought about emailing but didn't wish to intrude (the British reserve holding me back there) - glad to hear your cousin is responding if only in a small way - it will probably be a long road but hopefully all in the right direction :o)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Welcome back to blogland! We've missed you but babies come first cause they won't be babies long. The house is lovely and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you have no problems with this purchase going thru.

4:23 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

The house looks lovely-- big and bright! What's the difference between "reception room" and "lounge"?
Jeanne

4:34 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

I WILL check out the link for the prospective house in a minute--fingers, legs and eyes if you need will be crossed for you.

Did you say where you, Hanne and Barbara found the Teddy block? Too cute! I guess since I make kid quilts I am always on the lookout for new patterns.

Hope for continued improvement in your cousins recovery, most of all.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

oops me again--how could I NOT say something about your being so close to completion on the body of your dJ quilt! It looks wonderful!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Cathi,
Great house!!! I'm sure you will be happy there!!!
Hugs
Laurie

10:07 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

Glad to hear all is well--a soon to be new house, your cousin giving signs of hope and your balmy weather--and YOUR DJ!! that sure was a lot of great news to share!

5:53 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I'm glad she's opening her eyes, even if only briefly.

And you're doing great on your Dear Jane progress! With two little ones, and a new house in the works, I'll bet it is a challenge to find time for all your quilting.

8:08 AM  
Blogger tami said...

Great house. I will keep everything crossed that you get it.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Lovely to see you blogging again :-) I am crossing my fingers for your cousin and I am crossing all I have for your new house. It looks lovely. I bet it has room for a sewing room as well :-)

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathie, so glad things are looking up for you. i love the potential new house. do these houses come with the contents? your jane is coming along just fine. congrats. your kids are growing up - wow! prayers for your cousin and her family, also your friend's family. hugs, patti
pleal@cfl.rr.com

5:27 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow Cathie - your DJ is coming along so GREAT!!! And - good luck with this new house - it looks super nice and I know that you guys are anxious to live all together again ALL week as a family.

Cheers!

Evelyn

7:44 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

OMG the "dear Jane is wonderful. Almost inspiriing enough for me to start one, but I know I'd never finish it so am resisting mightily

8:42 PM  
Blogger Shellie said...

Congratulations on getting the house and getting so far along with your Dear Jane quilt. Both look lovely. I'm keeping your cousin in my thoughts and prayers.

My first two are about the same distance apart agewise as your two so I know what a challenge it is keeping up with everything. Hang in there. Amazingly everthing important gets done one way or another.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home