Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Some Finishes to report!!

My Dear Jane center is DONE!! My life is busy these days with kids, work and I always seem to be too tired to get too much done, but I squeeze in quilting when I get a chance and over the last week, managed to do a few things!

My weight, however, is the worse it has been since I was pregnant. Do you think I can focus on weight loss again when my family are all back together again (and I can join a gym to do my favorite swimming...which has a creche for kids!). I feel out of control, but stress and tiredness make me reach for food. I feel guilty and then a vicious circle starts! I lost 70 lbs before. I need to lose at least 30-40 lbs now to get into 120/130 range I like (5 foot 1)... I really wish I could focus on it. I keep starting and failing, and that is just self-defeating. Oh well...sorry for that brief interlude into the dark recesses of my mind, LOL!!

My cousin's little baby's quilt is done, and very wrinkly looking in this photo, but I'm happy with it. It is very cute and completely from my stash (and Barbara and Hanne's!) I am plugging away on my cousin Chrissy's quilt...have all 20 block centers done and 10 blocks completely finished. It is those HSTs that always slow me down! She has apparently been opening her eyes a bit more, but nothing more than that... I hope she is fighting hard, I bet she is!

Tonight I have some friends coming over for a dip in the hot tub...two of them have been in before, but it will be a first for one of the girls...very decadent...drinking bacardi and coke in the hot tub watching the sun go down...very late tonight, nearly 11pm!! We might be selling the hot tub, but I'm angling to keep it in the smaller less private garden...if people want to look at my lumps and bumps while I soak...I say, let em!!

So...I plan to keep working away at my cousin's quilt, and then start contemplating my triangle borders for the Dear Jane... There are so many projects I'd like to do, just need about three centuries to do them! Posted by Picasa

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Keep the hot tub - there are only so many chances for luxuries in life when you have little children - enjoy it while you get the chance - hope your cousin improves

8:09 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

It's absolutely beautiful Cathi! What an accomplishment!

I too say keep the hot tub. And keep fighting the weight - it just gets harder as one gets older. I need to lose a minimum of 20, but I crave carbohydrates so much all the time!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Your quilt is gorgeoues. I vote for keeping the hot tub, at least for the next few years. You need small pleasures with little kids - I remember. Hey - we could all be thinner...keep a focus that it's about your health, not your looks (I've seen your picture, you are beautiful) I tell myself I have to do one physical thing and drink a glass of water before I can quilt... And hoeing weeds counts. Try it... Melanie

11:25 AM  
Blogger tami said...

The Dear Jane is gorgeous. What an accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself.
The hot tub should stay as long as it makes you feel good. Life is too short to worry about what others think.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

The Dear Jane is more beautiful with every new picture and I really like how your cousin's quilt is coming along. You're right, the weight loss will come once things settle a little and you can focus. I love my hot tub, hope you get to keep yours!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Wow, congrats on the Dear Jane!

Are you going to border it the same way she did?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

The DJ looks fantastic! You seem to be working on it quickly .. or that's how it seems to me.

The baby's quilt is so cute!

I agree .. keep the hot tub! I think you'll be sorry if you don't.

Judy L.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Congrats on the finishes, Cathi! How you can get anything done with two small children is amazing.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Your DJ looks sooo good Cathi - congratulations ! The same goes for the Teddy quilt and your cousin's quilt ! You have had a lot on your plate lately, both good and bad, and when one is tired it is so easy to grab for food. I am sure a lot of things will get better for you once your move is over with. Remember to drink enough water - it is good for you in every way, and will help you feel better and actually make it easier to loose weight. Go Cathi Go - you can do it - one step at a time !

6:29 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Your "Dear Jane" is such an achievement! Well done! I don't think I have the stamina for such a huge project.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Your Dear Jane top is absolutely beautiful!! What a lot of work that represents!! The baby quilt looks just perfect..good job! With such a young family it's amazing to me that you find time for the piecing, but soooo glad you do..*VBS*

4:35 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

I bet you are chuffed to bits you've made it this far with the DJ quilt.

Sounds to me as if you need a spot of RandR or Retail Therapy.

I agree - keep the hot tub.

Thinking you and your cousin.

Hugs xx

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Good job on getting the Dear Jane together - that's quite an accomplishment.

I understand your feelings about your weight. I was at that same point in January when I started Weight Watchers. I've not been as strict the last few weeks so I'm losing a little slower but have been much happier with myself.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Saska said...

Your DJ is georgous--something that I have NO plans on tackling, and your bear quilt is also wonderful! Your daughter's are dolls...so glad I found your blog.

KEEP THE HOT TUB! You'll be sorry if you don't. A good soak will take all of the worries away (that and the rum!)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

Congratulations on your Dear Jane center being done! I won't even tell you how many blocks I have to go yet. You are a determined and focused woman! And yes, keep that hot tub! I love mine and wouldn't give it up for anything!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Congratulations on getting the Dear Jane top done. That is quite an accomplishment. And it looks great - just like Jane's!. The teddy bear quilt is really cute and whimsical. The chicklets quilt is on my to do list.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home