Friday, October 20, 2006

A Day in the Life: A "Lazy" Friday

The girls and I have colds at various stages at the moment, and since today was Aisling's Friday playgroup and Aine and I couldn't have our regular date at the swimming pool with our colds, I decided to let Aisling play hookie from school, especially since she has been clingy lately.

I took a lovely bath this morning and got through quite a lot of my book club book, while the girls destroyed trying to keep them tidy, they are having too much fun, but I do make sure Aine helps me tidy them up before bedtime every evening. If she makes a mess she has to clean it up, or at least be trying while mommy probably does most of it played in their room next door. They love imagination games and Aine takes out her dresses for her teddies every day. I've given up for expedience! Aine has her thousands of teddies she plays with on her mattress there in the distance...she has been sleeping on her "Barbie" blow up bed as a special treat as Daddy is painting both beds PINK! I will dye their sheets pink to make the room even more horrible, lol...Eventually I will make quilts, etc, etc...

It is 11am and the girls are still not dressed. Aine is baking me a block birthday cake with lego flower decorations. I just blew out the candles and am eating the pink block with the letter K on it...

I think I will update this blog today as I go along...don't worry I won't do this again probably, but I thought it might be fun to try, there will be some quilting and crafting in the afternoon, I promise. And some cookie baking with kids, and some play-doh...and...

Okay, I'm back...we've made some Halloween sugar cookies, and Aine even fashioned her own "dad" cookie, LOL. The girls had fun, we made a mess...what's not to love...will clean up that mess when I start dinner... I have my priorities, I have been recently attending a teddy halloween party upstairs. Aine sang many songs for me while I peeled off the freezer paper from my Dear Jane...Aine finds it too boring apparently, so looks like the job falls to me!

16 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

Sorry you're all not feeling so well...

1:59 PM  
Blogger jodie said...

We all need a lazy day once in a while. I should say you have earned one - your Dear Jane is very impressive, be proud of yourself.

Jodie

2:24 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

What a fun girlie day!
Jeanne :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Sounds like a fun day with the girls, the kind that makes for great memories when they get older.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Wow, that doesn't look like a very "lazy" Friday at all. But like a very busy day, with lots of fun mother/daughter time. Hope you all are feeling 100% soon.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the pics. MOM

7:02 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Brings back memories - my mom used to go to thrift shops and get clothes - both for us to wear and some fun ones for me to dress up in or cut up for doll clothes.

3:02 AM  
Blogger KC Quilter said...

I know you didn't mean to, but you made me very teary-eyed while reading your post!!! I loved reading about your fun with your girls and reminisced (to myself LOL) about those early days with my two sons. They're all grown up and live in other cities now, but boy, do I miss the childhood years. Enjoy these days--they'll pass so quickly.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

I like your carefree attitude-it's so much more fun to play and not worry too much about the messes for now-especially when everyone is feeling not so well. what a fabulous day you gave yourself and your precious daughters!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know there's no better medicine if you're feeling under par than to hole up in the house, lock out the weather and chill together doing whatever you fancy - you look to have had a real girls day in!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a marvelous day your girls had, and you with them, I think. Their bedroom will be just perfect for little girls - pink and pretty ... with a few toys around. =)

A hot bath and book do so much toward improving my mood. I hope they helped your cold, too!

You might not be quilting, but you'll be crazy quilting and that's just as much fun!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better ASAP. The "cake" looked yummy, and the girls must be so excited about all that pink for their room!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Shellie said...

Love the "dad" cookie; although dad looks a bit like Mr. Potato Head. My friend was just telling me that her girls got an all pink room this summer as well.

It's great to take a Lazy day every now and then.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kate North said...

What a fun lazy day - nice to be able to enjoy some time with the girls!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Sounds like a great day! Love those little bat cookies!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Your girls are sure to remember the fun you had making a mess rather than time it took to clean it all up--cool Mom.

Gotta love pink beds! Very girlie.

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home