Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fun Finds and Sock Update

I got this fun gingerbread wallhanging at a Sisters, Oregon antique shop.

The wonky houses I got at a Goodwill for $2, couldn't pass that one up!

I am moving along with the sock! I had to rip back a few times during the heel turning, but in the end I made it! Will try that long tail cast on with sock 2, sounds highly recommended.

My next crazy quilt round robin is due on January 31, I better get a move on! I also have a valentines wallhanging in progress, so hopefully some quilting news soon!
Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

I love the hanger for the gigerbread hanging, and the wondky houses were sure a steal of a deal -- and cute to boot!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Your sock looks wonderful, great job! I love the gingerbread hanging too, what a wonderful idea for a hanger!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

1:13 AM  
Blogger Pink and Barbara said...

wow that sock is coming along wonderfull...Love the colors!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered why the little quilt was called the gingerbread quilt until I finally found them at the top - silly me! Great finds and the sock's coming along great too.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that one with the houses! What a bargain at $2!

My first comment :)

-Carrie

3:12 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I have that sock pattern. It really makes a lovely sock........

Glad you are home safe and sound

6:12 PM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

That sock pattern has a nice heel. Softly rounded, not like some heels that come straight down and then take a 90degree turn.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking sock! I love the colours.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I love the way your sock is turning out...that is just beautiful yarn. Wish I could knit.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock looks fab--great work! Just love the colors in that yarn. That wonky houses hanging is so charming--you found some super finds on your trip home!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Cute wall hangings :-)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home