Monday, March 06, 2006

Still moving slowly...

Haven't been really productive lately because, well, I guess I have two small kids!! I have been working on a few swap blocks a night, and some DJ sashing...but they are pretty boring to show!

This is a quilt I did a few years back, just crazy piecing it onto foundation (found out the crumb block or mile a minute block terminology later!)...did 9 crazy blocks sewed them together, then put the borders on and then embroidered along some of the seams...

This one was in a local exhibition in a nearby town library...I'm famous in Carrick on Suir, Co. Tipperary...LOL...NOT!!!!

My birthday is coming up in a few weeks and mom has promised me a gift certificate from an online shop. A fellow Stashbuster member gave me a great shop that she uses http://www.quiltersquarter.com and I think this one is it...so many items, and good prices for overseas.

But just on the off chance, anyone else have a favorite shop for online ordering? Evelyn, if you see this, what one do you use for sending to you over in Austria?? Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

not sure if they do great on overseas shipping, but, equilter.com has always been one of my top online favorites. also brightandhappyfabrics.com Mostly I am lucky to be able to shop in person when I "need" to :-)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

I'd also recommend Lisa over at www.quiltersparadiseonline.com.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

love your crazy quilt, you did a good job of hiding the squares, it all blends together so well.

Happy early birthday!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

For great prices nothing beats www.zandsfabrics.com. It's done by two Amish quilt shops. Their service is fantastic! I hope they will ship overseas for you. Their shipping is high if you buy only a little, but very comparable if you buy quite a bit.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Not sure about the shipping but I love bighornquilts.com

Judy L.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Do you have anyone in the US you can have your orders shipped to? I usually order from about 5 different shops at a time, have it all sent to my sister in the US and then she puts it all into 1 box and sends it to me. It is cheaper than paying international shipping from many sources, especially if you are just ordering - say - a rotary cutter! The only trouble is if something is on back-order and arrives later than when the box was shipped - then she just saves it for the next box. She sent me 2 boxes this winter, which was GREAT! I send her a US check for the postage once she lets me know the amount.

Not sure if this is of a help to you or not, but that is what I do. Next year, I am going to mail my own big box - before I leave! My poor sister had 1 BIG box to ship when she mailed me over 30 yards!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home