Thursday, June 29, 2006

Quilting Retreat and another Tub Session!

I was only able to afford one official quilting retreat day (yesterday) without kiddies, as without family or Dave here these days, I have to pay for my alone time during the day! But it was lovely to have 9-4 to devote to sewing. I got my 20 blocks done for cousin Chrissy's quilt and started on my DJ triangle border!

I hope to get more done today on the tri border and maybe get a lot of the sashing and borders cut for Chrissy's quilt. She is still not much changed, opening her eyes a few times but not seeming to recognize what is happening to her. They have moved her to a nursing home for long-term care...it is so sad...I better make sure to label the quilt well and make sure that it doesn't go walking!

I had the girls over again for another hot tub (read drinking) session. Now I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking, compared to my friends here, look at all that Miller lined up on my deck! I drink a watered down Bacardi and Diet Coke! But I'm willing to learn, LOL! I should have started these hot tub sessions ages ago...is fun to have one night with the girls during the week...would have to have babysitter otherwise! Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

I love the triangle border for the DJ. Its good that Chrissy is opening her eyes occassionaly, hopefully more time will make some difference. A lovely quilt will cheer her room and comfort her and her family though :-)

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, those hot tub session sounds great! Lucky you to have such good girlfriends...

6:20 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Good going on the blocks and triangles. Girls night in hot tub sounds like good fun !

7:47 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Excellent idea! Have the girls in for a "night out" and save the cost and bother of the sitter!

I am enjoying seeing the progress you are making with your DJ. Impressive project!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

A Mom with little ones deserves the night out...Your border is really coming together.

Melanie

10:31 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Love your DJ triangle border blocks. What an accomplishment!

2:26 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Everyone needs time with the girls--that's why I'm going shopping tomorrow!

The triangles are looking good and so are Chrissy's blocks. You got a lot done while "retreating" even just a part of the day

2:37 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Cathi
looks like loads of fun! great job on the DJ blocks too!
hugs
laurie

12:12 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cathi, your triangle border for Dear Jane is looking truly awesome. Wish it were possible for you to get more time for stitching, but I'm sure you treasure the time you do have. The Whatever blocks look very nice. I think it's going to make a great quilt for your friend. Good thinking on making the label, hopefully it will stay hers.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

that border looks great-so complicated, I would never dare tackle it-good for you Cathi! and glad to see you having fun with the girls! love Chrissy's blocks too.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Good that you are making time for girlfriends - so important in life!

Your DJ border is great! So very many tiny pieces!!! I have the book and keep looking at those tiny pieces - yikes! But you are doing great with it.

Cheers!

Evelyn

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home