Sunday, March 25, 2007

Moving Ahead

I can't believe that I've finally started quilting on my Dear Jane... I've also got the small DJ wallhanging to work on in the living room if I feel like it. I will be a slow learner with the rocking stitch, but find I'm very fast with the stab stitch...with all the seams in the DJ, stab stitch is a good thing to use!

Here are two blocks the first from my DJ and the second from the wallhanging.

Barbara has also been obsessed lately with the ripple crochet blanket making its rounds in the blogosphere. She pulled me in and I dug out grandma's crochet hook and some of my dishcloth cotton to make a ripple crochet dishcloth, lol!!

I'm still knitting away on my cable cardigan...working on a sleeve now...also doing some ocean wave blocks...

Now I've got to get to work on a tight deadline for my next crazy quilt round robin!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger CONNIE W said...

Anyone who pieced an entire Jane and also a small Jane wallhanging gets my respect. And here you are quilting it now. I just got my Jane book and have traced two patterns on freezer paper and would like to start sewing in the near future but the week I have ahead of me is so busy that it probably won't happen. But I can wish. I may have to dig out my old crochet hooks too and do a bit of yarn shopping. The idea of a ripple dishcloth sounds fun! :)

3:49 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I'm tempted to start Rippling too, and have even looked at some orange and red cotton yarn that I have, but I have so many things on the go. Socks, 3 crochet projects, not to mention the quilts!

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DJ is looking great, and thanks for mentioning the Rippling, I'm going to have to visit a yarn store soon.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Lovely DJ quilting. One thread at a time and you will see a difference before long.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DJ quilting in progress is wonderful--what a great accomplishment! Knitting and now crochet too--wow! I love all the ripple crochet that's been seen lately...I'm better at knittng than crochet, though, so I'll stand back and admire--LOL! Happy Days! :O)

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathi, your Dear Jane on the frame looks fabulous! It is motivating just to look at it, waiting for you to come sit down and stitch a bit. :-) Are you enjoying the new frame? I think the DJ quilt is a perfect "take it one block at a time" project...each quilted block is its own accomplishment.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I was looking at the DJ in your sidebar and wondering about your progress on that. Good for you for already being on the quilting part. I take it the borders are finished then? Are you letting each block tell you how to quilt it, or are you following Jane's quilting? The quilting looks wonderful. I wish you many hours of quilting bliss.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Cathi, I'm so impressed that you got the DJ all pieced! Our LQS is starting a DJ group this month and I'm signed up to join in, but it looks to be a two year commitment!! Hope I can keep it going that long. Congratulations and I hope you have many happy hours of quilting it.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home