Thursday, May 17, 2007

I Swear They Breed in There!!

See that basket? That is my basket of smaller Dear Jane scraps and muslin scraps... See those blocks? I got 37 8 inch blocks from that basket and it is still FULL!! I did manage to clear it of anything that could be turned into a 3 inch square, so I have a crumb pieced quilt in the works (in my head in design stage, lol) for the small pieces.

Barbara and her husband Hakan arrive tomorrow for a visit. I am looking forward to a crafty week, Dave is looking forward to a golf filled week. I hope to show them around a bit as well, and take them out to hear great traditional music. Should be fun... if my poor kids ever get rid of the germs that keep coming around... There are more head colds and ick going around and everyone's kids seem reinfected around here... Keep your fingers crossed that my girls are happy tomorrow morning, I have 5 hours round trip in the car with them while I pick up our visitors at the airport in Dublin. I really hope I don't have to tell Barbara and her DH to find their way by train, but will have to if the kids are not on the mend!! Ugh...what bad timing.

See, bet you guys thought I forgot how to quilt!!! I do find however that I go into withdrawals if I am not knitting something as well... At the moment, all it is is a swatch for my next pair of socks...have never swatched before to get gauge, trying to learn the science behind it all...
Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blocks look great! I hope you have a safe car trip and that the girls feel better soon. Enjoy your crafty week!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Your ocean waves are looking gorgeous!!! Have a great visit!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I hope the kids are on the mend - no fun for anyone when the little ones are sick.

Great blocks - you know - my scrap tote seems to be never ending no matter how much I take out of it too... hummm, quilter's scraps do have funny magic!

Cheers!

Evelyn

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being in a hot tropical place, I really miss winter, however, we hardly EVER get colds any more which is great. Hope you are all feeling better real soon. The Ocean Waves is coming along great - the colours are fantastic. LOL about the breeding scraps. It must be true, coz it happens all the time :-) I've brought out my knitting needles too - I think my favourite crafts are quilting and knitting, although I like to throw in a little cross stitch, embroidery and smocking every now and again :-)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Your blocks are terrific! Makes me want to sort scraps right now. Hope you have wonderful visit.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Yup - Scraps breed by cell dividing, at night ;-)
Great blocks.
Have a lovely visit!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots going on there...Hope your kiddies are feeling better. Have a great visit with you friend! That lot of beauty made there with just scraps--wow! Happy Days! :o)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

The blocks are wonderful. Scraps do seem to multiply in the night. =) I'll be looking forward to seeing your crumb quilt.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love seeing the quilting projects that you are working on. They are always projects that I will only dream of working on some day as they are all too challenging for me! You have excellent workmanship! Thanks for sharing.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Those are very small half square triangles, you've done a wonderful job. Keep on knitting, I love to knit socks.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your quilt blocks are beautiful. Your blog is a fun read. I look forward to coming back.

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home