Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Our Meeting with Pat Sloan...and an Official Finish

I still am quilting these days...but not a lot of interesting things to show... Cutting sewing and trimming a gazillion HSTs for my Ocean Waves blocks... Couching gold thread onto a celtic knot design... I grab my time while I can with small kids, things get done in small doses.
So here are some photos of our meeting with Pat Sloan in Killarney! My friend Kathleen and I headed out to stay with her parents in Tralee, Co. Kerry, and then while she minded all the kids for us (bless her!) we headed to Killarney for the talk. She showed us some wonderful quilts, then we saw a show and tell from all her tour group members, some great quilts! We sat at a great table full of ladies from Georgia (Dave and I lived in Atlanta for a few years...).

So here is one more finished knitting project. I started this in February. It is a Debbie Bliss pattern for her new Pure Cotton yarn... I just love all the cables and the celtic knot designs.
My addiction is definitely quilting and knitting these days have to get started on a new project soon.
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Linda C said...

That you can get ANYTHING done at all with two small ones is a wonder, Cathi. You really need to make the small starts count, I bet.

One of my quilting friends is taking a trip with her daughter to Ireland this summer. I keep meaning to ask just where in your country they are headed.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun outing! Love that sweater, too.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are, indeed, a wonder, Cathi--you accomplish sooo much! What a great trip/talk--such fun! And the cardi is FAB--it is truly a work of art! Hope to snag some new yarn & fabrics while on a trip to the US end of this week. Happy Knitting & Quilting! :o)

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cardigan is stunning! The trip looks like great fun. You give me hope that I'll still have time to quilt and knit after my baby arrives.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Linzey Joy said...

Isn't Pat Sloan inspiring! Did her husband come with her? He was part of the show when I saw her lecture at a guild near Chicago, Illinois.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Very pretty little sweater. Lucky you to meet Pat Sloan. It sounds like a wonderful day!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Lucky you to get to meet Pat Sloan! Your sweater is lovely! You do get a lot done with two little ones!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

That sweater is great - looks very complex to me. I must try cables.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

I have the same addiction quilting and knitting. Knitting is newly revived in my life. I really like the sweater. I love Debbie Bliss patterns also. At this point I just knit small sweaters for babes and children.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home