Monday, July 03, 2006

More wonderful things arrive in the mail!

Look at the great package I got from my Dear Jane online group Secret Pal! She has been so great to me this year, so generous! Oddly enough, I nearly bought that scrapmaster ruler just a few days ago! I must have been psychic! She has sent me so many thoughtful and beautiful things and it is only up to June (we send out packages once a month...). I am truly grateful, especially with how expensive and hard to find any quilting things are here. It is like Christmas every month.

I've had some bad luck with the pal I am supposed to be sending to, which I'm sorry about. She asked me to not send packages after April and just send letters, but then I haven't heard from her again since. Sigh. I will keep trying and will send a lovely Christmas/Birthday package at the end of the year. Sometimes you just don't know why things don't work out. I do hope she will talk to me eventually. I feel like I must have done something to have it happen, but I've never done anything but send gifts and nice emails, so really it can't be anything I did. Sigh again.

This month I am going to focus on getting my cousin's quilt done and my DJ top done if I can. I am doing another month challenge on Quilters Around the World and I will be trying to do the triangle borders done and attached for my Dear Jane.

I'm sewing my cousins quilt top together a bit today, but had a night out with the girls Saturday (my friends lovely husband watched my 2 kids and his 2 kids so his wife and I could go out with the group, bless him! My DH had to go to his brother's 40th birthday shindig...) and I have a bad cold. My recuperation from the night out, hay fever and a cold has been slow! Aine has no more school for a bit, so we are having a lazy day today...I'm still in pajamas at 2pm. Girls are having a great time playing pretend games. So far today, we've hung out pretend laundry, done real laundry, had a teddy sleepover, a potato sack race, and played tooth fairy...so many hours left to go in the day... I will have them clean up all their toys at the end of the day...they are having too much fun now. They want a lot of attention at this age, but they are so cute and fun to watch! Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

its great to have quilty packages arrive and make new friends around the world. Don't give up on your partner, life happends to all of us, and who knows what's going on in theirs...

2:54 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love your gifts. It's great when you have someone that understand your quilt life. Take it easy and feel better real soon.
Melanie

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe your secret pal was unable to fulfill her commitment to her pal, and felt guilty receiving packages from you? Who knows, but, what a lovely surprise you got in the mail!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Hard to know why your pal was upset - too bad it's taken some of the fun out for you.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

I can see why it might really feel like Christmas each time your pal treats you! What treasures.

4:36 AM  
Blogger MARCIE said...

Hi Cathi, how fun to get treats delivered! How long have you lived in Ireland? Your children are darling. I can't believe you can focus on Dear Jane blocks with those little ones! My children were close in age and I got nothing done! We live in Virginia Beach, VA for six years now. We like it a lot! Take care!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Doodlebug Gail said...

What a wonderful package of goodies. Don't give up on your Secret Pal - perhaps she's feeling uncomfortable about the program. You just never know what's going on in her life - one day she might very well be thankful that you stuck it out and kept sending cards and goodies.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Your monthly package looks like so much fun Cathi...and what a nice treat for a busy mom any day at all!!!
I'm so sorry to hear of some difficulty with your pal to share with. There is a really good chance it has nothing to do with anything you said or did. Altho it would be nice, and a bit of comfort if she had explained a little more. I think you are totally doing the right thing. Don't be hard on yourself, life is too short...*VBS* Your DJ quilt is just spectacular!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

well, sometimes secret pals do not always work out..I am sure it is not you but them.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

It is fun to get squishy packages in the mail, and especially when you're notsure what you are going to get. I'm working on a Dear Jane too. Have a little bit more than 50 of them done. Haven't been working on them since January though.

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home