Saturday, August 12, 2006

Busy Week

Mostly with the work I do from home (graphic design)...but kept on doing a few bits and pieces...

The montessori quilt is done except for a hanging sleeve...and I've done 3 of the 4 orphan block pillows for the teachers. Check out the gorgeous batik I scored at a thrift store the last time I was home in the States! I was preparing to cut it and found some tags on it...it is an Indonesian batik and there was a price tag of $28 on it! I am seeing lots of nice bags, pillows, etc with the length of fabric I got at the Village Thrift shop for 50 cents!! I had forgotten I had it, but it is lovely!

Moving day is getting closer and closer...getting a bit sad about leaving here, but I know I'll make new friends eventually and have plenty of quilting projects to keep me busy, LOL!

Anybody have a good way to get some will power? I'm at the heaviest I've been in years, and need a swift kick in the rear! Starting using my Weight Watchers points counting again. Lost 70 lbs on it before, could stand to lose about 40 lbs now. Sigh.

 Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

Blogger Melzie said...

Looks great! Good luck with the WW I know it really works :) you did it once you can do it again! And yay for flex points LOL. xoxo melzie

10:51 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

the pillows look great -- and what a steal of a deal on the batik!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

If you've decided you want to lose you'll stick to it. I made that decision in Janaury and have lost 32 lbs. I'm not as strict now with my points so I'm losing slower but I've lost what I set out to lose so any more is just gravy!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

That batik is beautiful - such a deal!
I can't give advice on weight control - I'm still "fluffy".

3:35 AM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

nice quilt :) when you find the great answer to your weight question, let us know! I lost 50 lbs. before and then have slowly gained it all back. I hate it--but it consumed my life back then and I just can't take that kind of time. Well, I could, but then my work would really suffer. Ahh, to find that perfect balance!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

The pillows are great, and I love your letters on the Montessori quilt. Everyone should be happy with those projects. The batik was a steal!

Weight Watchers worked for you before, and it will work again. You can do this.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Cute quilt and lovely pillows. What a good buy on the batik.
You can do the weight loss. I am cheering you on !
My best weight losing tip is to drink enough water every day + move at least 15 minutes a day, every day. A quick walk, training bike, whatever - just do it every day. I have lost nearly 40 lbs and kept it off for quite some time now. And - keep off white sugar when you can. Your energy level will get better very soon. I guess you also feel the move is energy draining, but you can do it - you can !!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

If someone shares the secret with you then share it with me too. I think Mary is right. Last time I lost the weight I was determined to do so. Now I would "like" to lose, but I'm not determined. Part of me still sees me as thin - the part that is in denial - and that part is stronger most of the time when I am tempted by food I crave - read sweets, breads, mocha coffees, etc.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

I am with you on getting back on the WW wagon...we can do this!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Moves are almost always hard, even when we really want to move. Good luck with it!

Alos, good luck with the weight loss. I need to do it too!

Judy L.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray on the thrift store fabric score! What a find!!! Good luck with WW. It's a good program, and, if I had any will power myself, I'd share with you. sigh.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

What a fun gift to give! The pillows are wonderful and the wallhanging is just too cute!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Those orphan blocks make great gifts once they are made into pillows! Excellent idea!

I love your batik bargain!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home