Thursday, August 03, 2006

Little Mischief Montessori

This is the little quilt so far... just need Montessori and then to sort out a border, am thinking about lots of scrappy blocks for the border, but maybe I should use just one color to calm it down a bit, as the words are very scrappy! I'll use muslin to sew the words together and a few inches around them, so the border frames them nicely.

A friend has commissioned me to a pillow as a gift for a godson, so I know I have another free pieced letter project for next week! They are a lot of fun and don't take ages, and the kids love to see their names, so I imagine that I might be doing many birthday gifts using this idea in the future...

Have had a lot of work to do the last few days, and so quilting has taken a back seat to work after kids are in bed. No more crazy quilt blocks for tonight. But maybe tomorrow, or over the weekend!

Goodnight from this "artisan/designer/liberated (read "imprecise"/crazy" quilter! Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

This is looking so good! If you want a scrappy border I think it would be just fine. I'd just separate it from the white background with a very narrow border of one of the darker colors - maybe the blue. About 1/2" to 3/4" inch wide at the most. I love the look that gives to a little quilt. Just my personal opinion obviously - take it for what it's worth, which may be nothing at all.

11:41 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

the letters are turning out well. Since "practise makes perfect" what does it make with free form letters that get their charm from not being "perfectly" shaped???

11:44 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love the colors of your letters--too cute!
Melanie

11:48 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

love how your letters are turning out Cathi!

3:12 AM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Good job on the letters! I haven't tried them yet, but I have some ideas and so I may have to give it a go!!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

The letters look great - I'm going to have to try some of them one of these days. I plan on participating in Tonya's challenge - hopefully she'll include letters in it.

4:54 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I like all the brights you're using in your letters! It's going to make a nice cheerful project.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Love the bright fabrics and very readable letters! Is this for a special Montessori school?

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home