Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Finish and Some New Projects

I finished the Star Sampler wedding quilt on Friday, and plan to deliver it to my friends today on their first anniversary...about time, huh! I just stitched around the stars and in the ditch, fairly basic quilting...I used free motion so I wouldn't have to wrestle the quilt around each pivot on each star...boy is it hard to do straight lines on free motion setting! But I got there anyway...

As if I didn't have enough projects I want to do, I've been inspired to do some more!! I love the montessori Aine went to! She learned so much, is writing her alphabet at 3 1/2, counting, knows 1-10 in Irish and Spanish as well as English, colors of the rainbow, so many cool things they've taught the kids. I'll be sad to leave here and leave it behind... I have decided to do a little free pieced letters project for the school, a little wallhanging with "Little Mischief Montessori" on it. Also, just a small patchwork pillow for the 4 teachers they have (2 of them work in the creche where my little one Aisling goes as well when I work...) will use some orphan blocks for 2 of them and then do two heart blocks I like for the others...they are great stashbusters for small pieces of fabric!

I am also starting on my Crazy Quilt Round Robin blocks! I plan to use a family/ancestor photo on each of the six blocks I need and then lace and beads from my wedding dress and veil...will be my first time using lace and silks in a quilt, should be fun. I love some of these family photos we have: my great uncle doing rollerskating as an exhibition sport at the St. Louis Worlds Fair, and my grandpa who was a big band leader in his early days! Aren't they fun? I love the old photos!! Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Blogger  Jeanne said...

I enjoy old photos, too. The roller skating one is great!
Jeanne :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Congrats on completing the quilt. I love the old photos. Do you think people will look at ours some day????

3:00 PM  
Blogger KC Quilter said...

Your star sampler is just gorgeous! I love how that honey-colored fabric just sets off the blues. Your crazy quilt sounds like great fun!!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

For a working mother, you manage to get a lot accomplished. The wedding quilt is wonderful - I hope they appreciate the love and work and that went into completing it.
I also love the roller skating photo!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

The quilt is just beautifull.

6:31 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, those old photos are the best!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

What fun photos--the roller skating one is a stitch!

Quilt looks wonderful and a great way to celebrate their 1st anniversary--better than paper or whatever the charts say to use for 1st.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

What fun photos--the roller skating one is a stitch!

Quilt looks wonderful and a great way to celebrate their 1st anniversary--better than paper or whatever the charts say to use for 1st.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Susan H. said...

The quilt is beautiful. Anyone would be proud to receive it.

The old photos are great. Glad to see they were having fun. Seems all the old photos we have are very somber poses.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Wow, lots of great stuff to read in your blog today. I love those old photos. That should make a really cool CQ. The completed quilt is beautiful. Blue and yellow continues to hold popularity year after year.
I love the lively letters - bright and cheery.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home